To All J&G Associates:
Your health and safety continue be our top priority. As you know, we are resuming operations effective Monday, April 27th. We welcome you all back and hope you and your families are safe and healthy.
J&G Foods is designated as an “essential business” that is needed to operate and supply meat proteins through-out the USA. To do this, we must have a healthy workforce. Each and every one of us plays an important role in protecting the health for all of us. We will do all we can in protecting you in the work environment, but we need everyone’s commitment that you heed to all recommendations to prevent contracting COVID-19 and bringing it home or in the workplace. Your conduct both at work and outside of work is essential to keeping J&G safe.
We want to inform you of some of the enhanced safety measures to better protect you that will be in effect when you arrive back to work next week. They are as follows:
- Two Crews working in three 12 hour shifts; Monday, Wednesday and Friday crew and Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday crew.
- Required on-premises testing for COVID-19 on Thursday, April 23rd, starting at 8:00 a.m. This is a requirement for coming back to work.
- Face shields and masks required in production areas. Masks required throughout entire facility.
- No cafeteria items for purchase. Associates required to bring in own lunches from home.
- More associates designated for cleaning and sanitizing at greater frequencies.
- Continued temperature taking.
- Improved work flows and the addition of dividers/barriers between associates at work stations.
- When weather permits, an install of a huge tent outdoors with 6 feet separation seating for breaks and lunches.
Your immediate supervisor will provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have.
These are unprecedented times and our commitments to our employees and customers and vendors will not waiver. You all need to do your part to keep us all safe. We will continue to communicate with you via our website (jgfoods.com), so please check in regularly. Please be safe and healthy.
Bill Leva, President, J&G Foods
Joe Piperato, CEO, J&G Foods